Hi there, I’m Katie Goetz, the recipe and workout creator behind afitcado! Thanks for stopping by. My food and fitness blog is brand spankin’ new. That’s why you’ll only find a few recipes and a couple of workouts. Don’t worry though, I have plenty of my favorite dishes and exercises to share with you, so keep checking back for the latest healthy eats and moves to make you sweat!
The Health Journey
I should probably start with my health journey and what has brought me to this point of starting my own blog.
I was an athlete growing up and was always pretty “fit,” but it wasn’t until my freshman year of college that I started to take my health seriously. In 2011, I was diagnosed with Celiacs disease, commonly known as “gluten free” (can I take a second here to say how awkward it is to say “I’m gluten-free” like it’s some sort of adjective.) Anyway, it’s what sparked my passion for eating healthy.
I started following food blogs and nutrition websites, I started trying different types of exercise and picked up meal prepping! My life really took a 180 and now revolves much around making weekly meal and workout plans.
About a year and a half ago I had this crazy thought of becoming a “food blogger,” and wanted to share my passion for food and fitness with the world, like so many of the wonderful ladies who inspired me! After months of contemplating, and going back and forth, I finally did it. Full disclosure – I’m still learning how to work the camera, the angles and the lighting, but I guarantee the recipes will be delicious and the workouts will leave you feeling accomplished! So hang with me and we’ll take this crazy journey together.
A bit more about me!
I’m a pretty simple woman. I work at a small, but mighty, marketing agency in Des Moines by day and teach group fitness classes (Insanity, Tabata and Body Pump) at the local YMCA by night. My favorite food is popcorn (yes, my favorite recipe is up!) And my perfect Friday night is staying in with a glass of moscato, catching up on my favorite tv shows (there may or may not be dark chocolate involved.)
What you’ll find at afitcado…
- healthy meals for you and/or the family. Most will be gluten free, along with paleo, vegetarian and vegan options. I like to cook with real ingredients when possible, but I’m also not all organic all the time (although someday I would love to be).
- recipes with 10 ingredients or less. I hate looking at a recipe with a mile long list of ingredients I have to buy and will only use once. You won’t find that here. Simple and easy is my game.
- quick dishes and snacks. I know life is busy (and I don’t even have kids yet), so something that I can throw together in 30-minutes or less is ideal.
- meal prep ideas, tips and tricks.
- workouts for any level. A little bit of cardio, a little bit of strength and everything in between.
- positive vibes. I believe with a healthy body and mind anything is possible!
Any and all feedback is welcomed, if you just want to chat, email me at email@example.com or connect with me on social:
Disclaimer: I am not a certified nutritionist or dietician or a personal trainer. All opinions shared are my own. Please consult a physician before making any changes in your diet or fitness regimen.