Tone your arms, chest and back with this 10-minute strengthening circuit.
With high reps and low weight, these 10 moves are designed to build lean muscle. All you need is a band and your body to get the muscles pumpin. Try adding this short and sweet upper body workout to your next sweat sesh and you’ll be feeling the burn in no time!
Hi there 🙂 I’m all snuggled up in blanket, with Mosby laying next to me and ready to call it a night, but trying to get one more blog post done before the week starts. Life feels like it’s getting back to normal and back to a routine (which I love 😍). I shot two recipes last weekend and can’t wait to share them with ya’ll just in time for THANKSGIVING!
Knowing I will be stuffing my face for 2 days straight (no I don’t restrict myself or hold back), I’m trying to eat clean and have consistent workouts, even with a busy schedule the next couple weeks. With parties and crazy schedules, finding time to workout can be tough. Just remember 30 minutes is all you need!
It’s getting cold here in Iowa, so walks are becoming less frequent and snuggling up on the couch sounds really appealing. But as somebody who has been affected by seasonal depression, working out is one of my outlet to socializing, getting out of the house and staying sane. It’s one of the most important factors in fighting the winter blues.
Que this Banded Upper Body Burnout! Theee perfect workout to do at home, after a walk/run or in addition to your other strength training. You can make it as long or short as you want. There’s 10 moves, 30 seconds each, focusing on 5 different muscle groups – biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest and back. Booya! Buy yourself some bands and get to work! 💪🏼
Banded Upper Body Burnout
Complete each move for 30 seconds with no rest in-between moves. Repeat workout twice.
- Banded Shoulder Press – step on band, bands lie on forearms, press overhead (depending on the band, you might have to do one arm at a time and step further down on the band or lift one leg, like pictured above)
- Banded Bicep Curls
- Banded Single Arm Tricep Extension – stand on band, band goes behind body, one arm at a time, keep palm facing ceiling as you lower hand to base of neck
- Banded Chest Press – band lies beneath shoulder blades in back, wrap hands around bands for tighter resistance
- Banded Shoulder Front Raise
- Banded Bicep Wide Curls
- Banded External Tricep Extension – step on band, bands go behind body, bring hand over head so arm goes to 90 degrees
- Banded Shoulder Side Raise
- Banded Chest Fly – wrap bands around hands, hands shoulder width apart, pull bands apart by squeezing shoulder blades together and keeping arms straight
- Banded Delt Raise