It’s time to torch those holiday cals with this beast of a workout!
Thanksgiving to me means stuffing my pie hole full of all the goods and not worrying about a thang! But when my pants are still tight the following day, it’s another story. A little sweat sesh is just what I need to get back on track.
This quick and dirty total body workout combines strength with cardio to set your muscles on fire. Ready to burn a little turkey and taters? 💪🏼
Hi friends! 👋🏼 I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Is there anything better than a day dedicated to family/friends and food? I don’t think so. It sounds cliche but I feel truly blessed. God is good. 🙌🏼 We had the whole family at Grandma and Grandpa’s house and indulged in the most delicious feast and then exchanged gifts and played games and ate Christmas cookies. You could not describe a more perfect day.
And if you’re anything like me, you eat until you have to secretly unzip your pants a little to breath. Yes I just said that 😂 I can’t resist that sweet potato casserole and creamed corn. And don’t even get me started with gravy. Mmmmm 😋 What’s everyone’s favorite holiday dishes? Seriously. Comment below because this girl is making up December’s calendar and I’m happy to put up some of your favorites!
But before we eat more food, we better burn off a little first!
This workout was inspired by my Insanity class on Mondays (no, it’s not insanity), but the format is very similar. It incorporates upper body and lower body strength moves, while getting that heart pumping. Grab a water bottle and towel, because you’re going to need it!
Each round has 4 moves, that you’ll perform for 30 seconds each with no rest in-between moves. Once you complete for the 4 moves, you’ll perform a POWER move for one minute immediately following the fourth exercise. After each round, you’ll rest for one minute.
Ready to get that body burn on?!
POST THANKSGIVING BODY BURN
Equipment: heavy dbells, light dbells
Complete each move for 30 seconds, with no rest in-between moves. Perform the power move at the end of each round for 1 minute.
- Criss Cross Squat Jump – Squat, jump up and cross feet at top (alternating with each jump)
- Tricep Pushup + Dbell Row
- Hop Scotch Squat Jump – squat, jump up and touch hand to foot behind body
- Tricep Kickbacks
- Power Move: Power Knee (each leg – 30 seconds)
- Car Drivers
- Thrusters – squat + overhead press
- Standing Chest Presses
- Squat Pulse + Pushup – squat pulse x2 + pushup in crunched position
- Power Move: 4 High Plank Jacks + 4 In/Out Jumps
- Backward Forward Lunges (R) – forward lunge, backward lunge (same leg) *with or without weight
- Tuck Jumps
- Backward Forward Lunges (L) – forward lunge, backward lunge (same leg) *with or without weight
- Power Move: 4 Hooks + 4 High Knees
- Inchworm Walk Out + Squat – from standing, inchworm walkout into high plank, when in plank, hop feet into low squat. Hold for 1 second. Hop feet back into plank and walk hands in back to standing.
- Downward Dog + Spider Lunge – hop or step
- Tricep Dips
- Downward Dog + Spider Knees
- Power Move: 4 Ski Abs + 4 High-to-Low Planks